A century of history with Hauhyeon Catholic Church Located in a valley that connects Cheonggye Mountain and the Gwanggyo Mountain range, Hauhyeon Catholic Church was built in the early 19th century as a Catholic village and refuge. Ten wooden auditoriums were constructed with 1,500 nyang (a unit of old Korean coinage) from contributions by the priest Alexander and Hauhyeon Catholics in 1884. The church was separated from the main church in 1900 and the present church was built in 1965. It is celebrating its 100th anniversary, although there are currently only 200 Catholics in the area. It's a rare case where an eclectic structure combining Korean and French architecture was adopted by the church in the early 20th century. The plane, structure, and design is highly valuable in architecture. The priest's office in Hauhyeon Catholic Church was designated as Provincial Monument No. 176.