History of Uiwang

1895

  • 1895

    Gwangju-mok was renamed Gwangju-gun

1900~2000

  • 1914

    Uigok-myun and Wangryun-myun were integrated, and Gwangju-gun became Uiwang-myun,Suwon-gun.

  • 1936

    Renamed Ilwang-myun, Suwon-gun.

  • 1949

    Changed into Ilwang-myun, Hwasung-gun.

  • 1963

    Changed into Uiwang-myun, Siheung-gun.

  • 1980

    Promoted to Uiwang-eup, Siheung-gun.

  • 1983

    The east branch office of Uiwang-eup was established.

  • 1989

    Promoted from Uiwang-eup to Uiwang City.

  • 1993

    Changed location to the current site.

2000~

  • 2007

    Changed name in chinese characters from 儀旺市 to 義王市